Share this page:


Who do I contact to advertise using your buses and shelters?

For information regarding purchasing advertising on Mountain Metropolitan Transit fixed-route buses, bus benches, bus shelters or other amenities visit  or contact us via:

email: Vanessa Moorman

Phone: (719) 473-4747
Toll-Free: (877) 713-4747


Are service dogs allowed on the City buses? MMT Welcomes Service Animals Service animals are individually trained to work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Under the American with Disabilities Act, a service animal may ride with you on any MMT vehicle. USDOT 49 CFR.37.167 (d) When it is not obvious what service an animal provides only limited inquiries are allowed:

  1. Is the service animal required because of a disability?
  2. What work or task has the animal been trained to perform?

Rider Responsibilities for traveling on MMT with Service Animals:


NOTE: Companion and therapy animals may provide health benefits or relieve stress or anxiety. However, they do not meet ADA requirements and must be transported in an approved carrier. Any questions or concerns please call the MMT ADA Coordinator at 719-385-5620.

Are pets or companion/therapy pets allowed on City buses? Pets are allowed on the buses if they are in a secure pet approved carrier. Pet approved carriers include pet kennels or pet purses that can be secured so the animal cannot get out.


Can I ride the bus with my bike? Bicycle racks are mounted on the front of each Mountain Metro, and passengers may load a bicycle at any bus stop.  These easy-to-use bike racks can hold two bikes and are available on a first-come, first-served basis with a limit of one bike per person.  The process is quick and easy, usually taking 20 seconds or less and there is no charge for your bicycle.

What do I do if the bike rack is full on the bus? Please wait for the next bus. Bicycles are not permitted inside buses due to safety issues.

How are the bicycles secured to the rack? Tires, not the frame, secure the bicycles.  Bicycle hooks may not be used on bikes on the bike rack.  It is the customer's responsibility to load and unload his/her bicycle.

What if something happens to my bike while it’s on the rack? Patrons/cyclists are solely responsible for the safety of their bicycles.  Mountain Metropolitan Transit is not responsible for theft, damage, or injury that occurs during loading and unloading, acts by third parties, or any other related incidents.

I ride a bike to work, are there bike lockers that I can rent and where are they located? Yes, bike lockers are provided at the Park –N-Rides in Colorado Springs. Locations are at Tejon P-N-R, Woodmen P-N-R, and the Downtown Parking Garage located at Nevada and Colorado Avenue. The cost is $30.00 per 6 month rental. To get started a $45.00 refundable key deposit is required.

How long can a bike locker be rented for? A locker can be rented for 6 month intervals and the bike locker lease agreement is renewable every six months.


How do I make a comment or suggestion about Transit? Please contact us at with comments and suggestions. 


Where do I call or what do I do when I have lost an item on the bus? Items turned in to the drivers by other passengers or found at the end of the day are turned in to Mountain Metropolitan Transit Administration Office the following day.  Please call Lost & Found at 719-385-5974 first to verify we have your lost item.  Please note that Mountain Metropolitan Transit does its best to retrieve lost items, however we are not responsible for items left on buses.

Why can’t Dispatch alert the driver regarding items left on the bus? Discourse between Dispatch and Drivers is reserved for route, traffic and weather information to help ensure on-time, reliable, safe transportation for customers. Wallets, purses and medications are the only items that may be called in to Drivers from Dispatch.  Everything else must wait until the following day when found items are turned in to Transit Administration.


If there is no bus service where I live, what are some of my options for transportation? If there is no transit service that goes to the area you live there are other options. Metro Rides offers a free ride match, the Carpool and Schoolpool programs are designed to match people who want to share a ride. Registration is free and there is no obligation. Send an email to to find out how to get started.

If I register for the Carpool program does Metro Rides provide the vehicle?
No, Carpool and Schoolpool are free automated matching programs. You can register online for Carpool.  It is free and there is no obligation. When you sign up, you’ll find possible commuting partners who live and work near you, and have similar work schedules. Like you, they’re looking for carpool partners to share the ride so they can enjoy a more pleasant (and economical) commute to work.

How many riders does it take to be considered a Carpool? A Carpool can be as few as 2 riders in a vehicle.

What do I do if I do not get a match when registering for Carpool?  If you register and do not receive a match, keep checking periodically, people register every day.

I work in the downtown area, how can I get a carpool sticker to park in designated Carpool parking spaces in the Downtown parking garage? Call Metro Rides at 719-385-Ride (7433) Option #2.

If there is no transportation available for my school age child, does Metro have a program to help parents find rides? 
Yes, Metro Rides has a Schoolpool Program. It matches parents whose children go to the same school.

What is the difference between Vanpool and Carpool? Vanpool is for those commuting greater than 35 miles in one direction, i.e,. Colorado Springs to Denver, or Colorado Springs to Pueblo.  Carpool is for those looking to share a ride within the Colorado Springs area, which may not have Transit services (City Bus).

If I want to form a vanpool does Metro Rides provide a vehicle? Yes, although vehicles and seat availability are limited.  If you want to form your vanpool group, please download our Vanpool Application. For more information click Vanpool .

Are the full size vans safe? Safety is our number one priority and all vanpool vehicles meet or exceed the national safety standards for passenger vehicles.

Why did you include the full size vans in your vanpool program? The full size vans offer increased capacity which allows us to offer this cost effective public transportation service to more commuters.  We have a waiting list of people who want to join a vanpool. Some of these people have been waiting for over a year. Larger vans provide more capacity for more customers.

Are there any programs that help subsidize the cost for the riders? Yes, Metro Rides accepts Commuter Checks.  Each rider can use up to $125 a month in Commuter Checks.  For more information on Commuter Checks, please visit  Also, many companies are now reimbursing their employees for using alternative transportation modes.  Check with your employer to see if they have a program in place to help you with your commute costs!

If I want to start a Vanpool, how do I do that? Call Metro Rides at 719-385-RIDE (7433) Option #2, or email us, and request an application.


Am I eligible to use Metro Mobility? Any individual with a disability who is unable to independently navigate the fixed-route Mountain Metropolitan Transit System as a result of a physical or mental impairment (including vision impairment) is eligible. Individuals who use a wheelchair, or other boarding assistance device, that need the assistance of a wheelchair lift and are unable to board, ride, or disembark at a fixed-route bus location are eligible.  This category is not applicable once a transit route is 100% accessible.  Please note that all Mountain Metropolitan Transit vehicles offer lift equipment accessibility. Any individual with a disability or a specific impairment-related condition which prevents the individual from traveling to a boarding location or from a disembarking location is eligible.  Environmental conditions and architectural barriers not under the control of the public entity do not, when considered alone, confer eligibility.

How do I apply for Metro Mobility? You may request an application from: Metro Mobility Eligibility Office 1015 Transit Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719) 392-2396 option #5 E-mail: Download an application from our website go here.

How long will it take to be able to use Metro Mobility? Within 21 days of receiving your completed application we will arrange an in-person interview for you. Some individuals may be asked to complete a functional assessment to verify mobility or cognitive limitations. It may be determined, based on your abilities, that you are eligible for some rides with Metro Mobility but not for others. It may be determined that you are capable of using the lift-equipped fixed-route bus service. All application information will be kept confidential.

Does Metro Mobility provide a curb-to-curb and door-to-door service? Yes, Metro Mobility does provide curb-to-curb and door-to door ADA paratransit standard service, where our drivers will provide assistance to passengers when boarding or exiting our vehicles.  This standard complements our fixed-route system, which utilizes curbside bus stops.


Customers requiring door-through-door service should contact alternative care providers contracted by the City who provide this type of service. We can assist you with this contact information.

What if I need assistance beyond the vehicle? A passenger's certification can specify the need to travel with a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) if it is determined that the passenger cannot travel alone.  We will provide free transportation for the PCA on our paratransit service.  Complimentary ADA paratransit may not be the appropriate transportation choice if the passenger cannot travel using the curb-to-curb standards.

What if a client cannot be left unattended? Metro Mobility is not designed to meet the transportation needs of passengers who:

  • Cannot be left unattended
  • Have no one at home when we arrive

Where do Metro Mobility vans go? Metro Mobility routes run within a ¾ mile radius of the fixed-route.


What are the times that the buses start and end each day? This can vary by route and day of the week. Check individual bus schedules for exact times.

Where can I get a schedule? Maps and bus schedules can be found at the Downtown Terminal or the Transit Administration Building at 1015 Transit Drive, or they can be printed from the website.

Do the buses run on Holidays and if so which ones? All Mountain Metropolitan Transit does not provide bus service on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day


Why are there cameras on the bus? Mountain Metropolitan Transit has installed security cameras on fixed-route transit service vehicles and specialized Metro Mobility service vehicles to monitor service and protect City Property.

Do you use my video for public use? Security cameras will be used within certain defined procedures as a deterrent, to record significant events, to monitor criminal activity, and to meet Federal Transportation Administration recommendations.


Are strollers allowed on City Buses? Yes.

What are the rules and restrictions for having strollers on the bus? The following rules and guidelines provide a supplementary operating procedure for baby stroller safety on City buses.

  • Baby strollers are allowed on City Transit buses but must be folded up. Wagons are “Not” allowed on a bus.
  • Children must be removed from the stroller before boarding the bus.  They must remain seated next to the person responsible for their care or in this person’s lap.
  • If the passenger asks to use the wheelchair lift, the operator will comply with the request after the child is removed.
  • The baby stroller will be stored in the seating area.
  • The bus aisle must be kept clear at all times.
  • Some types of wheelchairs for children look similar to a baby stroller.  These wheelchairs have four equal size wheels. However, it is a wheelchair and should be treated as such. The policy regarding the use of restraints in the area designated for passengers in wheelchairs shall be applied.
  •  This policy also applies to passengers who use baby strollers or wheelchairs for any other reason besides the mobility of an individual.  This includes transporting personal pets, groceries, personal items, etc.  A personal pet must be in an approved carrier when boarding the bus.

Are wagons allowed on Buses? Wagons are NOT permitted on buses.


Exchanges Can my ticket be exchanged if it is not reading? 
  Mountain Metropolitan Transit is not responsible for replacement of damaged bus tickets. If your ticket does not work box because it is damaged, you will be required to pay the fare or purchase another ticket. If the ticket was damaged by the fare box we will exchange it. Tickets damaged by the fare box must be bought to the Transit Facilities located at 1015 Transit Dr.

Can my ticket(s) be exchanged if I purchased the wrong ones? All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are permitted.

Do you have day passes? Yes, a day pass is $4.00 and give you unlimited rides for the day.

Where can I purchase advance tickets and multi-ride tickets for the transit system? Tickets can be purchased:

  • Online
  • Downtown Bus Terminal ticket machine at 127 E. Kiowa Street
  • Citizens Service Center ticket machine at 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road
  • Participating King Soopers and Safeway stores
  • Transit Administration Office located at 1015 Transit Drive

What exactly are the Ticket Terms & Conditions?

  • Ticket must be shown to driver upon boarding bus and accounted for in fare box.
  • 31-day ticket is valid for one passenger only and not valid for more than one passenger at any time.  
  • Special ticket holders, please be prepared to show proper ID or proof of eligibility upon request.
  • Ticket is subject to revocation upon misuse.
  • Possession and care of ticket are responsibility of ticket holder.  Mountain Metropolitan Transit is not responsible for replacement of damaged, lost, or stolen tickets.
  • Purchase of ticket does not guarantee bus service or continuation of routes.  Bus schedules, routes, equipment, and fares are subject to change without notice.

Possession and care of bus tickets is the responsibility of the ticket holder.

  • Do not fold
  • Do not get wet
  • Do not expose to magnet
  • Do not expose to extreme heat

Mountain Metropolitan Transit is not responsible for replacement of damaged bus tickets. If your ticket does not work in the fare box because it is damaged, you will be required to pay the fare or purchase another ticket.

Can I use a Credit card or Debit Card to ride the bus? Passengers must provide exact fare or pre-purchased ticket when boarding. We do not accept Credit Cards or Debit cards on our bus fare boxes. Credit Cards and Debit cards can be used for online purchases.

Who can use Special Fares and Passes? With the ability to provide proper ID or proof of eligibility upon request, Youth (ages 6 – 18), passengers who are on Medicare or are disabled, and seniors (ages 60+) can use Special (Economy) Fares and Passes.

What can I use as proper ID or proof of eligibility for the Special Fare? Mountain Metro will accept any one of the following senior citizen IDs for those aged 60 and over:

  • Valid driver's license
  • Any photo identification with a birth date indicating you are 60 years of age or older
  • Medicare Card
  • Disabled Reduced Fair Authorization (Yellow Card)

  Mountain Metro will accept any one of the following IDs for youth ages 6 to 18:

  • School-issued student identification
  • Photo identification with a birth date indicating your age
  • Driver may use his/her own discretion

For Medicaid and disabled, Mountain Metro will accept either a valid Medicare card or a Disabled Reduced Fair Authorization (Yellow Card).

I’m not on Medicare, but I am disabled, so how do I get the Disabled Reduced Fare? The Disabled Reduced Fare authorization card (Yellow Card) is issued by the Independence Center at: 729 South Tejon St. Colorado Springs Colorado 80903  Please contact them by calling them at 471-8181 for information on how to obtain one.

If I am a college student can I purchase and use a Special pass? Anyone who is 6-18 years of age can use a special economy pass, with proper ID when requested.  We do not have any discount fares for college students over the age of 18.


Are the buses equipped with lifts for my wheelchair or scooter? All vehicles are equipped with passenger lifts or ramps that meet ADA specifications.

What are the size and weight limits?  Can my motorized mobility device be lifted? Lifts and ramps will accommodate mobility devices such as wheelchairs and scooters up to 48” by 30” with a total weight of up to 600 pounds, including the passenger.  Mobility devices that exceed these standards are not transportable. Drivers will assist with boarding and exiting the bus.